Τhe existing financing opportunities for energy efficiency retrofits in public buildings, focusing in the four South European Countries participating in the CERtuS Project (Italy, Greece, Portugal, Spain), which face challenging economic situation, has been analyzed and descript in details.
Concretely, the following information is available:
- Mapping the financial instruments for EE (energy efficiency) projects, with a focus on the four CERtuS’ countries, considering pros and cons and their characteristics
- Analyze best practices for financing in different countries
- Understand how these instruments could reduce the Cost of Capital for the financers
- Analyze if there are some financial instruments most adaptable to nZEB projects
- Analyze if there are some financial instruments that can be selected as the optimal solutions for CERtuS projects
- Identify differences among the four countries involved in CERtuS project
- Give some considerations and recommendations concerning solutions for financing the deep energy retrofitting of existing building in order to become nZEB
The matching different financial sources and instruments depending on Project features, municipalities’ needs, resources available to each municipality and financial incentives in place in the specific country has been studied. The choice of the most adequate financial schemes is a consequence of the knowledge of project and financing characteristics.
For further reading about Financing Schemes, please click here.